About the Energy Rebate
If your home uses electrical heat, you can save up to 80% of the cost of insulating your home with the NB Power’s Home Insulation Energy Savings Program.
Is there a cost?
Yes and no! NB Power charges a $99 + HST assessment fee when you apply for the program. However, if you hire us as your insulation service provider, we will reimburse you 100% of this fee – making it absolutely free!
New Brunswick homes that are eligible to participate in the program include:
- Properties that are no more than three (3) storeys high, having a footprint of not more than 6,458 square feet.
- Manufactured or mobile dwellings on a permanent foundation.
- Buildings that are habitable, structurally sound and capable of receiving a home evaluation.
- Buildings that previously participated in any of efficiency NB’s programs and are still in need of major insulation upgrades.
- Homes must be at least six months old.
- Homes must have electric heating equipment of one or more of the following types:
– Electric baseboards in at least half of the rooms.
– Heat pump(s) (air-source, ground source, water source, geo-exchange).
– Electric boiler.
– Electric forced air furnace.
- Homes containing heating systems using other fuels may still be eligible as long as they also meet one of the heating system requirements listed above.
Where do I start?
- Register with NB Power online here.
- Once you are registered, you will be contacted by NB Power to schedule a date for your Pre-Upgrade Evaluation. During this evaluation, information about your home will be collected to determine the upgrades for which you may be eligible to receive incentives. The fee for the Pre-Upgrade Evaluation is $99 + HST.
- After your Pre-Upgrade Evaluation, you will be sent a list of recommended upgrades and a Pre-Approval Form. You have 30 days to review this list, identify the upgrades you intend to complete, and then submit to NB Power.
- Once your Pre-Approval Form has been signed and returned to NB Power, we will send you a letter to confirm your participation in the program. You will have nine months to complete the pre-approved upgrades.
- Once your upgrades are finished – or before your nine-month deadline, whichever comes first – call NB Power to book your Post-Upgrade Evaluation. The Post-Upgrade Evaluation will confirm upgrades completed and collect the information necessary to complete your program application.
Where can I learn more?
Please click here to visit NB Power’s website which provides full details about the program. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding this program or how it can save you a lot of money.